By Makers for Makers
Applied Arts Scotland (AAS) was set up as a charity in 1994 to develop public appreciation of the applied arts in society for the benefit of the public in Scotland. The organisation seeks to meet this key objective by supporting the crafts people, designer makers and applied artists who work professionally in Scotland in the following keys ways:
• By having an organisation that is run by makers for makers in order to give an authentic, collective, professional voice to the needs, attitudes and aspirations of the sector in Scotland
• By co-ordinating, co-operating and collaborating with a range of support organisations and statutory bodies who have an interest in and responsibility for the applied arts sector
• By creating regular networking opportunities and conferences to allow makers to meet and exchange ideas
• By supporting ongoing professional development in the sector by means of training and mentoring
• By collecting and disseminating information on all matters in connection with applied arts in order to generate a bank of specific data for use in the support of the sector
Download Applied Arts Scotland’s Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy here.
Applied Arts Scotland SCIO is a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO) SC022604.