Makers accepted for membership of Applied Arts Scotland during October will receive free membership for six months. This offer also applies to existing Members renewing their membership.
As a charitable membership organisation AAS normally charges a small annual fee for Professional and Associate Membership which goes towards administrative costs and our work supporting the maker community. In response to the Covid-19 pandemic in April 2020 we suspended membership fees for existing and new Members offering 6 months free membership, and this offer will end on 31 October 2020.
There are three types of Membership – Professional, Associate & International – and we welcome makers in Scotland, students, graduates, curators, writers, gallery owners, shop owners, educators, people working in organisations supporting the making community in Scotland and International makers and organisations participating in AAS projects.
Membership benefits include:
* Recognition as a professional maker
* Opportunities to take part in AAS projects
* Being visible on our maker directory to promote your work
* Access to a craft community for discussions with other Members
* Priority booking for events
* Free places for selected events
* Advice on working with CraftToolkit
Apply to join today to support and strengthen the making community in Scotland.
Our usual fees are £25 for Professional Membership, £25 for organisations and £15 for individuals for Associate Membership and International Membership is free.